Saturday, April 21, 2012

KEEP SHOWING UP


In Julia Cameron’s book The Artist Way, she promotes the concept of “show up at the pages.”  I love that philosophy.

On some days life flows and on other days life breaks down. 

Sometimes I write out of inspiration.  Other times I write because I have a lot to say and my heart beats with the desire to express those thoughts.

I keep showing up at the keyboard.

How can you show up? 
-Are people expecting something from you? 


-Are there tasks that just will not be done if you don’t do them? 
-Will that novel write itself?

We need to show up for the life we’ve been given. 

Our kids need us.
  Our spouses need us.
    Bosses depend on us.
      Students need our infusion of ideas and concepts.
        Customers need our skills.

People need us and what we do.

Just show up.  Do your best.

But above all, work your craft every day. 

Show up.