Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hold onto Your Essentials



Hold onto Essentials
50 secs

When I was in the ninth grade, I carried a snare drum in the high school marching band for the first time.  This was HUGE!

At our first half-time show, we lined up on the goal-post line.  The whistle sounded and off we marched. 

Between the goal-post line and the goal line I dropped one drum stick.  Between the goal line and the ten-yard line I dropped the other drum stick. 

I had to march 90 more yards simply holding onto my drum instead of playing it. 
 
You see, I dropped my essentials. 


What are your essentials?


*To a drummer – sticks.
*To a minister – reputation.
*To a retail store – customers.
*To a married couple – love.
*To business partners – trust.

We have to hold onto our essentials.  We can’t afford to let our guard down, fumble, or take our eye off the prize for even one minute.

Get a grip.  Hold onto your essentials.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time