Friday, September 13, 2013

Use Crutches?

I've never been much of a rabbit’s foot believer, or carried lucky charms, or anything else that was meant to bring me good luck.  I have found that my good luck, my magic comes from within.  It comes from my ability to develop a talent and then showcase that talent when the circumstances require it.

This story tells my point perfectly. 

The great violinists, Nicolo Paganini, was about to perform
before a packed opera house when he suddenly realized that he had walked onto the stage with a strange violin in his hands - not his own treasured Guarneri violin.

Panic-stricken, but realizing that he had no other choice, he began to play with all the skill he possessed. Everyone agreed afterward that he gave the performance of his life. When he was finished, the audience gave him a standing ovation.

After the concert, when he was praised for his superlative performance, Paganini replied, "Today, I learned the most important lesson of my entire career. Before today I thought the music was in the violin. Today I learned that the music is in me."

P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time