Friday, January 31, 2014

Allegro and Presto

In musical terminology “allegro” and “presto” have to do with the speed of a piece of music.  My on-line dictionary tells us “allegro means in a quick, lively tempo, usually considered to be faster than allegretto but slower than presto.”  The acceptable speed for allegro is 120-160 bpm. 

"Presto" means extra lively and quickly. the acceptable speed for  presto is 160-208 bpm.



I suppose “allegro” would be like running a marathon, and ‘presto” would be like running the hundred yard dash.

You would move at “allegro” speed if you were rushing into the mall to get out of the rain.  You would move at “presto” if your house was on fire and you were upstairs when it started.

I ran “presto” when I first met Carolyn.  She captured my interest and I wanted to be near her.

What are your “allegro” moments verses your “presto” moments?

P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time