Friday, September 30, 2016

The First Three Things


There are three things in life that, once gone, never come back.

Time:  The frittered minutes and hours are lost forever.  They can never be retrieved.  How is your time management?


Words:  Harsh words, hurtful words can never be retracted.  One can apologize all day long yet the memory of some words last a lifetime.

Have you ever been victim of these words?
“Fatty fatty two-by-four; can’t get through the kitchen door”
“This one is our lazy kid.”
“You are an accident just waiting to happen.”

Ouch! 


Opportunities:  I’ve heard a few people bemoan the fact that they could have gotten in on the ground floor of Microsoft back in the early days.  And look where they could have been now.  Ah, the risks – ah, the possibilities.

There are no right or wrong answers here. Just a thought.

I could swear I’m seeing books on today’s bookstore shelves with the same title I had in my mind twenty or thirty years ago.

I had the idea and the opportunity.  I just never did anything with that opportunity.

Just some thoughts

Five more in in this series.


Up-Words Almost a Minute
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration
One Word at a Time