Tuesday, March 07, 2017

The "Why"

I’ve gotten my hands slapped a few times for asking the “why” question.  I am a curious raccoon and sometimes I want to know the why’s, wherefores’, and what ifs of a thing. 

Some people, in some lands, get punished for
asking “why”.  Now why is that? 

I heard about an adult piano student recently who asked the ‘why’ question.  She wanted to know why there are bar lines in music.  Why not just throw up the notes and forget the bar lines?  Her patient teacher acknowledged the astute question and explained. 

Asking why is okay. 

Every one of our grandkids went through a stage of opening our lower cabinets when they were little.  Why?  Because they were there.

Sometimes we look and ask just because it’s there.

That’s enough of a reason for many of my ‘why’s’.  I wanna know. 

Are you curious too?


Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration
One Word at a Time