Wednesday, February 14, 2018

My Creativity Left Me


My Creativity Left Me

My creativity left me … for a while.  I don’t know where it went.  It just left.  I hope it had a good time wherever it went.


You see, I had heart bypass surgery Dec. 18.  It seems that some people are affected by the anesthesia in a variety of ways.  One of those symptoms is how it could play with your brain and affect thinking, reasoning, motivation and creativity. 

I tried no less than six times from surgery to Jan. 25 ’18 to write and couldn’t generate anything. 

The desire was there; the ideas weren’t.

But they came back.  I wanted them, I desired them, I read some books and watched some documentaries in the meantime.  Did any of those activities do the trick?  Maybe.  Perhaps.

All I know is this … I was in despair of losing my creative spark, and it returned to me. 

If you face this dilemma, have hope.  Maybe your creativity needs a rest.  Maybe it needs new stimulation – a museum, an art store, a new book or magazine.  Keep the light on.  It will come home again.


Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration
One Word at a Time