Sunday, August 12, 2018

Sharing without Diminishing


Sharing without Diminishing

I love this analogy.  A single candle can light a thousand more without diminishing itself.  (Hillel the elder c.30 B.C. – 10 A.D. Scholar)


This gives me a new metaphor for what I do.  I write my blogs.  I give them away, so to speak, never asking for any kind of payment.  Often, I’ll receive a nice comment from a reader somewhere, and that becomes my payment of sorts.

And in my writing, perhaps I spark a life with an idea or an ideal.  And that life sparks another, and so on. 

I’m none the less for this.  I eat, I sleep, I earn an income, and I write.

Nowadays, I can’t help but write.  My only prayer is that the sparks continue.  May my words illuminate someone’s life and soul. 

And for that privilege I give thanks.


Something to think on,
in less than 60 seconds.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration