Saturday, September 12, 2015

Mistakes and Learning

We’re taking a lesson from a small little book today – Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach.  Here is the quote.

He made mistakes along the way,
but he learned from his mistakes.
He crashed and burned more than once,
but he got back up
in the air and flew again,
farther and faster than before.

I like the phrase – “and flew again.”

That is the spirit of one who does not give up easily.  That describes people like you and me.

I found out recently that we let a typo squeak through on my book The Letters, and it happened on the Table of Contents page.  I misspelled table for “Talbe”

I’m still writing.  I’m still a writer. 

I made a mistake.  I am not a mistake. 

And neither are you!  We learn from our goofs.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time