Monday, June 16, 2014

Grow to Become

What are you growing up to be?  Interesting question.  Here’s my story.

~Born in a small town in Tennessee - population 6,500
~We paid one cent for twelve minutes parking in town.
~A few times each year we made an occasional trip to Nashville.

Did everybody pay a nickel for an hour’s worth of parking?  Did the rest of the world speak with a slow southern drawl and have funny expressions?

Time passed.  I grew. 

I learned more skills, met more people, saw more sights and expanded my thinking.  Learning happened.  In time we grew to become more …

Here is what J.K. Rowling says about this.

“It matters not what someone 
is born, but what they grow to be.”
~J.K. Rowling from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


What are you growing to be?

(For the record – I am very proud of my hometown and my roots.  That was a launching pad for everything that followed.) 


P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time