Monday, June 02, 2014

Happy

We are all in pursuit of happy.  Where exactly is it found?  Disneyland claims the phrase as “The Happiest Place on Earth”. 

So are we only happy when at Disney? 

I don’t think so.  Note this.

“Real happiness comes from inside.
Nobody can give it to you.”
~Sharon Stone

We all know how the rat race works.  We say and think …

When I get that dream job, then I’ll be happy.
When I move into that dream house, then I’ll be happy.
When I have three million in my retirement account, then I’ll be happy.

And do we ever reach “happy” when these things come our way?

Usually not.  For we move the bar up a notch and aim for our next happy possession.

I really do believe “happy” is an inside job.  I like living in the moment, making special moments, enjoying the sunset, or the strawberry shortcake, or holding CB’s hand. 

I am happy when experiencing life’s precious moments. 



P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time