Friday, February 07, 2014

Embellish

The Baroque era would be a fine example of the ‘embellishment period.”  They were famous in architecture for lots of curly-cues and adornments in an effort to make a building more attractive for the day. 

In Baroque music, you will hear lots of embellishments.  These include trills, a series of a few notes as a before thought when the main passage is sung or played.  Some famous Baroque composers include:  Handel, Bach and Vivaldi.

I embellished my wardrobe once by purchasing a pocket watch.  I also have a fine collection of neckties that act as embellishments.

I love it when Carolyn embellishes herself for our special date nights.  She looks stunning.

Resumes are sometimes embellished, as are facts in the newspaper. 

And with that I’ll stop.  You mean we can’t believe everything we read these days?

Shocking!

P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time