Monday, March 31, 2014

Accompaniment

In musical terms “accompaniment” refers to a musical part that supports or partners with a solo instrument, voice or group.

I’ve sung lots of solos and 99% of the time I have preferred to have some kind of accompaniment. 

An accompanist is one who comes along side of you and supports you in your activity.

I love it when I get to accompany Carolyn at one of her business events, and she likewise enjoys hanging out with me at my stuff.

I guess we could say an accompanist has your back.  They support you, they back you up. 

Certain foods sometimes need an accompaniment too.  A hamburger is just not a hamburger without the bun.  Neither is guacamole without some chips in most cases.

I like accompaniment.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time