Sunday, July 26, 2015

Friendships

Being a people person, I love being around people and engaging in wherever our friendship may take us.  I make friends easily.

And that is the heart of today’s thought.  Do you and I begin friendships with others simply to get them to buy our stuff, or hire us, or for something we can get from them?  Or … do we make friendships to add to our friendship circles?

There should be no conditions on our friendship.  If I befriended you simply because you could do something for me, well, that is just wrong.  If I befriended you simply to win you to my way of thinking, or my doctrine, or my company as a customer, what is that all about?

I felt ‘dropped’ by a friend of twenty years recently simply because I did not want to join his multi-level marketing scheme.  He saw me as a money-maker and once I said “No” he dropped me like a hot potato.

That is friendship abuse, and that is wrong. 

Okay, that is enough for today.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time