Wednesday, May 02, 2018

When the Inspiration Is Gone


When the Inspiration Is Gone

We creative types depend heavily on inspiration.  As a writer, I know this up close and personal.  And when inspiration is gone … ?

I read.  I listen.  I take a step away.

Yesterday, I worked on a post for another blog site I have.  It was not coming together well.  I stopped, re-read, re-visited my original source from where the idea came, deleted a few paragraphs and kept plugging way.  I finally got my inspiration back and was pretty pleased with the results.

Sometimes, I have to physically step away from the process, even to go get a cup of coffee.  The act of moving away and then coming back often helps start me in a new direction or shows me some other insight into what I was originally working on.

I just perused a FAST START magazine and got three blog ideas from it, just from a highlighted passage or two in the articles. 

Inspiration sometimes flows fast, and sometimes needs a bit of wooing. 


Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration