Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Here's What I Want


Dr. Bernie Siegel, Yale University professor, practicing physician and author noted five things that patients want when dealing with their medical professionals.

 
Here are the five things..
-Let me talk first.
-Knock on my door.”
-Say “Hello”.
-Say “Goodbye”.
-Look me in the eye when you talk to me.



We all want these things in our human interactions, don’t we?


My goodness.  That’s what I want.

  Oprah Winfrey says,people want to feel validated.”  It’s the number one cry of every human heart.

We need to recognize each other as people of worth; that is what we want more than anything.


As Mary Kay Ash is famous for saying,
“Imagine every person you meet is wearing
an invisible sign around their neck that says
… “Make Me Feel Important.”



 P Michael Biggs
Creating Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time!