Monday, July 30, 2012

An Absence of Faith


An Absence of Faith
49 sec.


There once was a young girl living with a strong-handed father.  Every time she would speak, the father would shut her down with “What are you saying?  You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Soon, her faith in herself was snuffed out.

Fortunately, a wise teacher came to town who promoted openness and acceptance.  After a bit, he was able to bring out of this girl her own identity.  She began opening up and shared some amazing insights. 


Reminds me of a scene in Man of LaMancha in which Aldonza says: 

“Blows and abuse I can take and give back,
but tenderness I cannot bear”

She had suffered abuse so often that she was blinded to genuine love.

She had developed an absence of faith in her own goodness or in her ability to do anything worthwhile. 

I want to be a faith restorer.  Our world needs us you know.

Care to join me?


P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time