Thursday, January 24, 2013

That One Person


43 Seconds


We all seek him.  We all want her to cross our path and sprinkle that magic dust on our heads, and then look out world. 

What are we talking about?

Ralph Waldo Emerson said this: 

“Our chief want is someone
who will inspire us to be
what we know we could be.”


We play the ‘if only’ game. 

“If only Michael Jordan could teach me basketball.”
“If only Jim Carrey could teach me to be funny.
“If only I could meet George Clooney.”


That’s what we want … but what we need is the will to do the thing that is before us, that burning passion and desire.  If Michael, or Jim or George come along, well and good, but if not, I’ll find a way to do it myself.

Find a way!

I love that.

That is when you become That One Person.

Inspiration sometimes is an inside job.


P Michael Biggs
Up-Words.net
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time