Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Word Wounds


48 Seconds


There is a childhood mantra that goes like this:

Sticks and stones may break my bones,
But words can never harm me

I don’t buy that.  Some of us live with word wounds for most of our lives.  Words have a way of staying around long after they are spoken.

How do we overcome word wounds?

We have to replace them with wholesome images of our true identity and worth. 

Some people use mantras, poems, or Biblical passages that are meaningful.

Try some of these:

   I can
      God is with me
         I approve of myself
      I am a worthy individual
   I believe in myself


Have hope.  Breathe on the embers of your potential with some wholesome words.

Replace the words of your past with fresh words for your future.  


Word wounds can heal.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time