Sunday, September 02, 2018

Where Is Inspiration?


Where Is Inspiration


Perhaps we’ve mistaken inspiration for persistence.  Perhaps.  As a writer, I love when the ideas fall down on me.  I’m having that at this moment.  We’re headed to Nashville and left Denver an hour ago.  I’ve had a stellar writing moment.  I’ve put six blogs in the bag already. 

That is great.  It’s wonderful.  And I’ve had my moments of dryness, sleepiness, restlessness when trying to write.  And in those moments, I try and be daring, persevere and keep writing.  There have been days when I’ve written two or three passes on an idea, only to discard all of them completely and go in a differently direction.

That, for me is dancing with the daring.  I’ve also written pieces I’ve been afraid of writing.  Strange as that may sound, it is true.  And I have lived to tell about it. 

Perhaps there is a daring opportunity inside of you.  Face it.  Let it out.


Something to think on,
in less than 60 seconds.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration