Tuesday, May 01, 2012

EYES THAT SEE


Eyes that See

In George Bernard Shaw’s Pygmalion, Eliza Doolittle is a flower girl selling on the streets of London.

She delivers a stellar thought:  “I shall always be a flower girl to Professor Higgins, because he always treats me as a flower girl … But I know I can be a lady to you, because you always treat me as a lady, and always will.”  

What do you see when looking at others?
Kids?
Spouse?
Co-workers?
Employees?


Eliza was transformed because someone saw her with fresh eyes - eyes that looked beyond the momentary. 


There was a “lady” inside of Eliza.  All she needed was some encouragement to bring this “lady” to the front. 

What a marvelous thought ...  
Others blossom because of the potentiality we see in them. 

What about you?

Just because they say it doesn’t make it so. 

Thoughts towards others thoughts towards self.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time