Tuesday, May 01, 2012

EYES THAT SEE


Eyes that See

In George Bernard Shaw’s Pygmalion, Eliza Doolittle is a flower girl selling on the streets of London.

She delivers a stellar thought:  “I shall always be a flower girl to Professor Higgins, because he always treats me as a flower girl … But I know I can be a lady to you, because you always treat me as a lady, and always will.”  

What do you see when looking at others?
Kids?
Spouse?
Co-workers?
Employees?


Eliza was transformed because someone saw her with fresh eyes - eyes that looked beyond the momentary. 


There was a “lady” inside of Eliza.  All she needed was some encouragement to bring this “lady” to the front. 

What a marvelous thought ...  
Others blossom because of the potentiality we see in them. 

What about you?

Just because “they” say it doesn’t make it so. 

Thoughts towards others … thoughts towards self.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time