Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Listen




Listen
51 Seconds


Seth Godin says: 
"What we want in a leader is someone who will listen."

We want to be listened to.

          Children want that from parents.
     Wives want that from husbands.
Parents want that from kids.

Listen
          Listen
                    Listen.


I bought a pair of shoes recently in Seattle.  The ad said $39.95 for a $100 pair of shoes.  Those were the shoes I asked for.


Why did that young clerk bring me two other pairs first?  After two attempts, I walked to the display and showed him the shoes I wanted.  Finally, success.  He brought and I bought.  End of story - except I still remember not being listened to and now I'm telling you my saga.

We honor when we listen.
We respect when we listen.
We learn when we listen.

Listen and learn.

What a novel concept.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time