Saturday, March 24, 2012

Feeling Cherished


The phone rang.  The voice on the other end simply said, “I got your note today.”

That comment speaks volumes.

This person is saying in effect …
“I felt cherished today.”
“I felt loved and appreciated.”
“You thought of me.”
“You recognized me.”


Oprah Winfrey says, “One of mankind’s greatest needs is the need to feel validated.”

Everyone needs to feel esteemed, loved, and acknowledged. 

How can we do this for others in our lives?

Try these
-An assuring hand on one’s shoulder
  -A well-timed phone call
    -A handwritten note in the mail
      -A significant email
    -A bunch of flowers received unexpectedly
  -A small gift, simply because someone wanted to give it.

When I was ten, my brother and I were mowing the yard one hot August afternoon.  Our Dad pulled into the driveway, tossed out a brand new baseball and glove, and then drove away. 

He didn’t say anything -- he simply waved and drove away.

We felt significant, cherished.


Make someone feel cherished today.