Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Vision


Vision
My wife once worked for Dr. David Le Shana when he was President of Seattle Pacific University.  During one of our visits David verified the following story for me.

When he was President of Taylor University, he had the privilege of calling on J.C. Penney, founder of the stores that bear his name.

When Dr. Le Shana was ushered into Mr. Penney’s office, he found Mr. Penney sitting at his desk looking at Dr. Le Shana’s business card.  He was moving it back and forth attempting to bring it into better focus. 

As Dr. Le Shana approached, Mr. Penney looked up and said, “You’ll have to excuse me.  I’m losing my vision.”

He slammed his hand down on the desk and stated emphatically.

“No, that’s not right.  I’m losing my eyesight.  I’ll never lose my vision.”


Enough said.  Eyesight is one thing. 

Vision? 

That’s something we need in buckets and truckloads.

Kevin Hall says “Vision is what we see when we close our eyes.”

Open your eyes. 

Or don’t. 

How is your vision?