Tuesday, February 19, 2019

A Few New Skills


A Few New Skills

I’ve added a few new skills to my repertoire lately.
   Wheel-chair driving
   Bed-pan emptying
   Chief cook and dishwasher
   Dr. of dispensing medicine

I didn’t study for these new skills.  I didn’t take a test or submit my resume.  They come with the vow of “in sickness and in health.”

I’m loving this new role.  I’m caring for the one I love and who loves me back. 

I remember a quote from Mother Theresa. 

She was asked once, “Mother, after you are no longer able to go around the world doing all the good you have been doing, what will you do then?”

Her response is a golden quote:

“You know.  I’m very good at emptying bedpans.”

Me too, Mother.  Me too.


Something to think on,
in about 60 seconds.


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration