Monday, February 04, 2019

To Touch a Heart


To Touch a Heart

My heart surgeon, Dr. Sam, came to see me three days after open-heart surgery.  He said, “Thanks for letting me touch your heart.”

What a great line. 

~Sometimes, I’ve touched a heart with my singing and writing.
~My friend sent me a very touching hand-written note in the mail.  It touched my heart.
~When I listen to Moonlight Sonata, my heart is touched.
~My friend, Ronn Huff, touched my heart with just about everything he wrote and arranged in the 70’s and 80’s.
~Numerous books on my reading list have touched my heart recently.

I think today is a dandy day to go out and touch someone’s heart. 
  A smile will do it,
    as will a kind word,
    an assuring hand on one’s shoulder,
    a cheerie phone call,

An afterthought.  It’s a snowy day in Seattle.  We are blanketed with this white stuff.  I left home at 6AM to drive 24 miles to my work today.  My co-worker for the day just texted me – knowing I arrived here 1 ½ hours early.  She said, “You are amazing. Thank you.”

It’s a good thing to touch a heart.


Something to think on,
in about 60 seconds.


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration