Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Old Fashioned Kindness


Old Fashioned Kindness

I am experiencing a huge dose of Old Fashioned Kindness.  Here’s the story.

Last Wednesday, Feb 6, Carolyn slipped on ice and has been in the hospital ever since.  Today, we hope to transition her to a rehab center in the area.

Her friends have continually reached out to her in love, support and prayers.  Though she can’t take those calls personally, I’ve been doing my best to text them and my own family with almost daily reports.

That is a dose of old-fashioned kindness.

And my employer … oh my goodness.  Just this morning, on a phone call from my boss two levels up, as soon as I began telling her what was happening today, she immediately said the reassuring words of “don’t worry about anything.  Go take care of your wife.  Be safe.”  And such kind and gracious words.

In an age when the dollar is king, and businesses strive to continually ‘take things to the next level’, it is refreshing to know and work with individuals who put the human being first. 

Thank you, Key Bank.  You are showing me kindness and graciousness above and beyond.


Something to think on,
in about 60 seconds.


P Michael Biggs
Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration