Monday, June 25, 2018

Is There Life Before Death?


Is There Life Before Death?

A silly, perhaps absurd question I suppose.  And it requires turning over, mulling and ruminating on it.

With such an emphasis on mindfulness these days, one would think we’ve already mastered this subject. 

However …

What is the last time you really tasted a peach, or an ear of corn?  We had some amazing early corn just last week.  It was yellow and with the perfect hint of sweetness.  For a few minutes, I was in heaven.

In the past, I’ve eaten way too many meals with no thought, no presence of mind of eating them, or the taste, or the benefits.  I’m trying to practice mindfulness these days.

I want to live before death overtakes me.

I’m savoring the times of my life.


Something to think on,
in less than one minute.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration