Friday, August 17, 2018

Satisfaction in Knowing


Satisfaction in Knowing

When I played Little League baseball for the Rotary Club, I once hit two home-runs in one game, one of which was a grand slam.  I bet there is no other person in this world who remembers this.

Once, when playing golf with my buddy Sam, he swears I made a hole-in-one on a par three course in Orlando.  Sam remembers, but nobody else.

I remember the home-runs.  I don’t remember the hole-in-one. 

I’ve given money on several occasions to homeless individuals.  I doubt they remember my face or voice, but I know.

There is some satisfaction in knowing these tidbits of my life.  I didn’t change the world on those occasions.  I didn’t invent any great miracle cure.

I just performed well. 

A magical moment just happened.  I didn’t know I was going to write the previous sentence until it was out of my fingertips and onto this computer screen.  But there it is, and it is the heart of what I want to say today.

I performed well, on occasion.

And you to, on occasion.

Now, we both need to go and do it some more.

I like knowing that occasionally I perform well. 


Something to think on,
in less than 60 seconds.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration