Thursday, December 20, 2018

Christmas Conversations


Christmas Conversations

CB and I have no trouble having conversations.  We talk.  The conversation flows, we laugh, we tease, we get serious.  We talk.

Talk is good for you. 

Sometimes, we miss ‘talking’, like yesterday.  My drive time to my work place this week has been 20 miles one way.  I leave home around 615AM on these mornings.  Last night, CB had some shopping to do on her way home and I had an evening to myself.  I went to sleep, sound asleep, around 745pm.  She got home at 830.  No talking, no conversation.  I missed it.

We caught up this morning for ten minutes on the steps outside our condo.  She was headed up to her car, I was headed down to mine.  We did what we do – we talked.

We’ve had lots of conversations this Christmas – when do we see Scrooge? What about Snowflake Lane?  What will you wear to the party?  What do you want for Christmas?

We’ve had some other, deeper conversations too.  We’re reading a book by Dietrich Bonhoeffer, of Christmas meditations.  That is stimulating a few conversations. 

We talk of love, of life this time last year (I had heart surgery), our grands, kids, relatives in other states.  We’re trying really hard to not let the busyness this season brings interrupt our conversations.  We need to keep in touch. 

We’re having conversations with God to.  Expressing words of thanksgiving, of praise, and hope for today and a brighter hope for our tomorrows.

Conversation is a good thing. 

Engage those you love in good, wholesome Christmastime conversation. 


Something to think on,
in less than 60 seconds.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration