Monday, December 17, 2018

When the Mundane Becomes Magnificent


When the Mundane 
Become Magnificent

Mundane Bethlehem.  A small hamlet as town’s go.  “Not much going on here” you might hear around the town center.  Bethlehem wasn’t a major metropolitan center of commerce.

Yet God chose insignificant Bethlehem as the hometown of His son.

A mundane stable and manger:  That’s not what one would expect for the birth of God’s son. And yet it is so.  A stable is the epitome of “mundane”.  Do you know what goes on in a stable?  It’s not very glamorous.  And a manger as a bed?  You’ve got to be kidding me. 

And yet … it became a magnificent bed for this child-King born on Christmas morning. 


I’m humbled when I reflect on these thoughts.  I’m not considered magnificent.  I’m a weak, sometimes faltering man.  I’ve had glorious moments of success, and I’ve had un-glorious moments of blunders and woes. 

You see, I think God loves to use willing people and open situations to do his bidding.  He moves into the places we vacate FOR HIM. 

My prayer this Christmas?

God, take my mundane talents and make something magnificent of all that bundle of rags.


Something to think on,
in less than 60 seconds.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration