Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The Anticipation


The Anticipation


As a kid, I couldn’t wait for Christmas morning to arrive.  On many Christmas mornings, around 2AM, I would sneak out of bed and slip into the living room just to see if Santa had arrived and what all he might have brought me. 

On the year I got my bike, I got busted the first time I tried that.  I was sleeping in the same room as my Dad because of extra family visiting for the holidays.  Dad heard the bed springs and in his stern voice, commanded, “Get back in that bed, boy.”

I did.  And slept for another hour or so.  On my second attempt, I made it and discovered that Christmas had come to our home once again. 

Ah, the anticipation. 

This year, around the first of November is when we began anticipating Christmas.  We started listening to the music, I started turning my thoughts to my writing to see what new stuff I might produce.  Even though I’ve already had Christmas many times over this year, I am still anticipating. I’m on watch for something else that will capture my thoughts, my attention and my heart. 

We watch Hallmark movies, and this year, we’ve discovered some new seasonal movies also.

And I'm still anticipating.  Anticipating some new idea, some inspirational thought that will land on me through a song, or a reading or a scripture. 

And anticipating the memories CB and I continue to make, not only for this time of year, but for the rest of our lives.

I love anticipating. 
     It dresses up like hope.


Something to think on,
in less than 60 seconds.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration