Saturday, December 15, 2018

Don't Let Christmas Get Stale


Don’t Let Christmas Get Stale

We had to throw out an almost-full loaf of bread today.  We just didn’t get around to eating it, and so the mold set in. 

On the other hand, I can’t ever imagine throwing out Christmas because it has gotten stale.  There are so many ways to make it fresh again.  Let me name a few.

We’ve been to Christmas parties
We’ve seen a lot of home and yard decorations
Have been listening to Christmas music since Nov 5

We saw Snowflake Lane in Bellevue
We see Dicken’s A Christmas Carol tomorrow
The grands gathered and made Gingerbread houses and Christmas cookies yesterday

I’ve enjoyed Egg Nog both hot and cold
We’ve sang a few carols already at church
We have dinner guests tomorrow night

We’ll see Candy Cane Lane next week
We’ll have our annual Family Downtown Day next week
The family will gather on Christmas Day
Both trees have been up since after Thanksgiving

There are other ways and activities we’re finding to help keep staleness away from our Christmas.

Most important perhaps, especially for me … I’ve been reading and thinking a lot and writing a lot about Christmas.  I don’t want to miss those subtle Christmas moments as they come along.

Just yesterday, I had one as my friend Steve Amerson sang Mary Did You Know on Fox TV.  Oh my, that was a Christmas moment.  A great song in the hands of a consummate singer. 

Bring on Christmas.  Let it sit out overnight.  Don’t bother wiping away the crumbs. 

They don’t get stale.  They only get better


Something to think on,
in less than 60 seconds.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration