Sunday, December 16, 2018

Judging the Value at Christmas


Judging the Value of Christmas

If you judged me on the Christmas gifts I would have wrapped twenty years ago, you would declare the gift as not much to look at, simply based on the wrappings.  The paper was often torn on the corners, the tape twisted, sloppy, and the overall effect of the wrapping paper and bow was loose, disjointed, and not pretty at all.  No not at all.

The gift inside was a fine gift, usually.  Its value was as valuable as ever.  It was just not dressed in pretty wrappings. 

I’ve had my moments when my presentation was fine (what is inside the box), but the wrappings (my appearance) was less than desirable.  As a kid, I didn’t often get to wear the latest shirts with button-down collars, or those neat coats that a lot of the other kids wore.  My tennis shoes were black when everyone else wore white.  My looks on the outside didn’t match my emerging value on the inside.

And yet, I was a person of worth.  I AM a person of worth.

Today … you, also, are a person of worth.  Whether you give lavish gifts at Christmas, or can afford a piece of stick candy; whether you walk with a limp or win the gold medal; whether you are the most beautiful/handsome one at the ball or the ugly duckling, your value is within.  Your gifts are valuable and needed.

Your heart of gold may be covered over with grit and grime, and yet, you still are valuable.

Just thought someone may need to hear and read this today.


Something to think on,
in less than 60 seconds.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration