Saturday, November 03, 2018

Status Symbol


Status Symbol

When I was in the seventh grade, my brother, Tom came home from the Airforce and brought me an amazing gift.  He gave me a pair of track shoes with 2” spikes.  I thought I was in heaven.  They represented status.  They announced me before I even arrived on the scene.

     Track Star
          Fast Runner
               Athlete

I never got to wear the latest fads for much of my growing up years, so this was a huge gift.  I even loaned them once to Danny Wilson, an older track friend so he could run his amazing 50-yard dash.

Now, my status is in knowing who I am.  My strengths, weaknesses, interests and passions.

That is all the status I need these days.


Something to think on,
in less than 60 seconds.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration