Sunday, January 06, 2019

Distracted Living


Distracted Living

I’m trying to write.  The TV is on.  I’m distracted. 

I could have written this blog, probably along a different theme, thirty minutes ago, but I’ve been distracted. 

I know from years of writing that I write best with the TV off.  And here I sit. 

Finally, the ideas are coming together for this brief.  Yet the point … if one knows what distracts, ‘tis best to avoid what distracts. 

So, I have now turned down the volume.  It helps.  Really, I think my point is made already.  Every minute of every day, we face thousands of distractions.  That’s why the law says “Don’t text and drive.” 

Even a simple fender-bender on the highway is a distraction.  Traffic slows.  People will look. 

Mainly, we manage the distractions.  We focus on the important.  This applies in our health, our marriages, our kids and grands, siblings and parents. 

And now, I have five more blogs to write.  Better turn the TV off. 


Something to think on,
in about 60 seconds.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration