Friday, January 04, 2019

What Is Your Part?


What Is Your Part?

I just watched and listened to Bolero by Ravel on YouTube.  Oh my.  This youthful orchestra was spot on.  Every person knew their part and played it well. 

They tympani player didn’t try to crowd in on the snare drum solo.  The flute played when appropriate and the oboe and bassoon came in on time, stopped in time, and played in tune.

They all knew their part. 

What a great thought for all of us.  I know my skill set, my part to play in the drama of life, and I play it as well as I know how. 

I didn’t come to know my part by accident.  I had to study the right material.  I had do get near books and teachers who could help me. 

They did their part too.

Hope you are learning your part.


Something to think on,
in about 60 seconds.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration